We have seen a ton of interesting Kickstarter campaigns lately. However, we just came across a really unique project. BloomSky has taken to crowdfunding to raise money for their newest product: the Outdoor Module. The BloomSky Outdoor Module is “A hyperlocal weather station that lets you share real-time data and sky image onto a crowdsourced network.”1
The BloomSky Outdoor Module is super flexible, and has a ton of features:
- 5-in-1 sensors measure temperature, humidity, Barometric pressure, UV exposure, and precipitation with excellent accuracy.
- Ultra-wide angle HD camera built-in with 45-degree adjustable shooting angle.
- Smart photometric sensor measures daylight brightness and ensures correct exposure. Smart camera turns on at dawn and off at dusk.
- Smart rain sensor distinguishes precipitation from other moisture, and responses instantly when rain starts to fall.
- Powered by a rechargeable lithium polymer battery.
- Wireless, no wires to run. Easy to stand upright on stake apparatus for insertion in patio and garden.2
Further, the BloomSky Outdoor Module utilizes all of the data it collects through a robust app:
- Remotely access data collected from BloomSky outdoor and indoor module through iOS and Android.
- Display temperature, humidity indoor and outdoor, barometric pressure and UV exposure outdoor with a snapshot of the sky.
- Display snapshot taken by the BloomSky camera, which automatically updates every 3-5 minutes.
- Automatically creates time-lapse video after sunset.
- Push notification on precipitation, temperature sudden changes based on users’ preference.
- Easy to subscribe other BloomSky stations.
- Data and pictures saved on the cloud, daily and historical data.3
Overall, the BloomSky Outdoor Module looks like an incredibly useful weather sensor. There are a few early bird deals left on the Kickstarter campaign, with a price of $99. Once these are sold out, you can grab one for $129.