Duvamis is an interesting new take on social media. The main belief of the founders is that the greatest amount of sharing – of thoughts, ideas, content, and more – takes place in pure anonymity. In pursuit of this, they created a purely anonymous social network. One of the founders, who wished to remain anonymous (go figure) answered a few of our questions:
TechFaster: What does your company do, and how do you do it?
Duvamis Team: Duvamis is a new international social media for sharing, creative activities and intellectual satisfaction to free and creative users worldwide, without social, regional, individual or group barriers and restrictions. Duvamis bears its name from the Greek word ???????, which means inner power, opportunity, potential. The main media philosophy is to create a modern, anonymous web-based space, where everyone is able to freely express his own ???????. Duvamis protects the privacy and anonymity of its users, giving them the opportunity to express who they really are.
In the well-known established social networks, users introduce themselves with their biological and social characteristic and communicate with real individuals in life. They create their images bearing in mind the imposed norms and other people’s opinion, that leads to suppression of their inner feelings and desires. This model imposes restrictions on the real communication, that everyone needs.
Duvamis aims to abolish these restrictions in online communication by creating free, anonymous network, where users are not burdened by their biological characteristics and social status. A network, where they can share their positive and negative experiences, thoughts and feelings, with no concerns that this may harm their everyday life. Communicating with others in Duvamis may be a result from sharing the same interests and needs, but not only from searching for specific people.
Can you tell us your founding story?
We started, led by our belief that regulated anonymous communication gives users freedom to share their innermost needs and thoughts. The Duvamis Project offers an unique combination of innovative concepts, technologies and functions, coupled with consumer usefulness and demand for such online communication environment.
What do your current goals look like?
- Guaranteed anonymity
- Online interactions, not based on knowing particular people, but on your specific interests.
- NO annoying ads. Driven by their needs and interests, users can search ads in a distinct element.
- Giving the opportunity for recreation of the mental world by created or acquired virtual visions.
- Creating a free space for users’ imagination and needs.
Anything else you want to leave us with?
In Duvamis users can:
- Express themselves by unlimited number of virtual visions.
- Interact in public and in closed communities
- Easy and fast share content, such as images, video, links, documents, even attitudes.
- Create and participate in polls on hot topics for the new virtual community.
- Be part of the creation of the new virtual encyclopedia.
- Use conceptually new user interface, that splits the screen into two.
- Remain completely anonymous. No personal data is ever collected.