Fresh off of an amazing trip to Jacksonville to cover One Spark, we just came across some interesting news for our next stop. This year’s TechCrunch Disrupt New York will host Mike Judge, the creator of HBO’s ‘Silicon Valley,’ and the stars of the show. This is really perfect timing, as the fictional startup that ‘Silicon Valley’ is centered around, Pied Piper, just entered TechCrunch’s Disrupt Startup Battlefield. Here is what TechCrunch said of bringing Judge and the cast to Disrupt NY:
Little did we know that TechCrunch would become a key plot point in the series, as the team from Pied Piper enters the Disrupt Startup Battlefield for a chance to win $50,000 and join the ranks of startups like Mint, Dropbox, and Yammer who went on to great things.
We’re so pleased to be a part of the story that we’ve invited Mike Judge back to Disrupt, but this time we’ve asked him to join us onstage to discuss what he learned in the making of the show, and why Silicon Valley is rife for his kind of comedy.1
This is a really cool development. I love everything that Mike Judge has ever worked on, and I, for one, am incredibly excited to hear him speak. Beyond the creator of ‘Beavis and Butthead’ and ‘King of the Hill,’ there are some really interesting speakers lined up for Disrupt NY (Link to Twitter handle’s) among others:
- Sam Altman – President of Y Combinatior
- Chrys Bader-Wechseler – Chief Product Officer at Secret
- David Byttow – CEO and co-founder of Secret, Inc.
- Hayley Barna – Co-Founder of Birchbox
- Yancey Strickler – co-founder and CEO of Kickstarter
- Dr. Astro Teller (0 Tweets) – current Director of Moonshots for Google[x]
That is quite the lineup, and we are definitely looking forward to the event.
- Ryan Lawler, TechCrunch, “Mike Judge And The Stars Of HBO’s ‘Silicon Valley’ Will Join Us At Disrupt NY,” 16 April 2014 ▲